Wednesday 10 August 2016

SIMPLE RECIPES: CHEESECAKES

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having an amazing week, it feels as if I haven't done a baking blog post in ages so I thought today would be good to post one. I made these cheesecakes a few days ago and this is the most simple recipe therefore I wanted to share it as it will be so easy for you to try too! As can be seen below, I made a lemon cheesecake and a chocolate cheesecake, this blog post focuses on the lemon cheesecake I made. Also I just want to say thank you so much for reading my blog posts, I am so close to 30,000 page views and I just want to thank you all, I have been working on my blog for two years and I can't believe how many people have read my posts!

Ingredients for lemon cheesecake:
10 Digestive Biscuits 
75g of Butter
600g of Cream Cheese
2 Lemons 
200g of Caster Sugar 

First of all, prepare your cheesecake tin by using butter to grease the baking tray and I then applied grease proof paper, this is great as it makes it so easy to take the cheesecake out when you cut it into slices and also helps make it easier to take the cheesecake out of the tray!

I then put the biscuits in a food bag and crushed them using a rolling pin. I always find it easier to put the biscuits in a food bag to crush them as it keeps all the biscuits together. I then melt the butter and pour the crushed biscuits into a bowl and mix together.

After I then scoop the crushed biscuits into the cake tin to make the base of the cheesecake. Whilst making the filling I put the biscuit base into the fridge to chill.

To make the filling, I mix the cream cheese, the zest and juice of the lemons and caster sugar together in the bowl until well mixed. I usually test the mixture to make sure it is sweet enough, if not add more sugar until it tastes sweet.

I then spoon the mixture into the tin on top of the base and chill it in the fridge. I would suggest chilling it for at least 2 hours, however I do sometimes leave it overnight to chill.

I absolutely love cheesecake and this is one of my favourite recipes, it's so easy and simple to make and you don't have to use a lot of ingredients. If you do try this recipe, tweet me or comment below how it went, thanks so much for reading! I love creating baking blog posts, when I go to Uni I am going to start doing cooking blog posts as I love cooking meals and I have some really tasty recipes I can't wait to share with you all!!

Thanks so much for reading!
Twitter: @1sup3rg1rl
Bloglovin': 1sup3rg1rl
Instagram: 1sup3rg1rl
Never give up on your dreams xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment