Saturday 12 September 2015

Family Holiday August 2015 - MALTA

Hiya everyone, I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend. I hit 6,000 page views this week and I honestly want to thank everyone who reads my blog, it means so much to me.
A few weeks ago I went to the beautiful island of Malta, Malta is an absolutely gorgeous island and I fell in love with it instantly. I went from the 20th - 27th August and the weather was incredible, it was over 40 degrees every day so it was really hot but we were at the top of the island and there was a lovely cool breeze from the sea which was perfect. We stayed at the Paradise Bay Resort Hotel in Cirkewwa which was a lovely hotel, the rooms were very clean and spacious, we had a sea view which was absolutely gorgeous as we could see the glossy turquoise sea glistening with the island of Comino in the distance.
The hotel we stayed at had this displayed on the wall in the lobby, I just loved it, the more I got to explore Malta and Gozo I loved them, I would love to go back to Malta in the future and visit new places.
This is the gorgeous picture I took from the balcony of our room as you can see the sea looks incredible, it was so clear, I loved it.
We went for a walk one night and I took this gorgeous picture of the sea with the hotel I stayed at in the background.

In Malta we had two days where we went and visited places, one day we went to Gozo and another day we went to Valetta and the rest of our days were spent relaxing by the pool. The hotel we stayed at had 3 outdoor swimming pools and an indoor swimming pool which was incredible, there was also loads of sun loungers and it didn't matter what time you went down to the pool, there was always sun loungers free which I thought was great.

My visit to Gozo
Our hotel was only 5 minutes away from the ferry terminal which was amazing as it was dead handy for us, one day we got the ferry to Gozo, it only took about 20 minutes to get there which was great. Gozo is a beautiful island with gorgeous buildings as well as the picturesque views of the sea. When we arrived in Gozo we didn't really know what tourist things we should do therefore we chose to do a Sightseeing Tour and it was fabulous. We saw loads of gorgeous places such as the capital city Victoria which was beautiful. The Sightseeing Tour was definitely worth the money because we got to see lots of the island, the tour went to about 16 places I think and all of them were gorgeous! We also got to find out a lot about the history of Gozo which was amazing because I didn't really know much about it so I found it really interesting.
This is a picture of my ticket to Gozo, it was only 4.65 euro for a return journey which I thought was an amazing price. Below are more photos of Gozo including the beautiful churches and temples we saw.










I also wanted to take a gorgeous picture of the beautiful landscapes and views I saw, these two were some of my favourite pictures I took, I love the amazing view. I would definitely recommend Gozo to anyone who visits Malta because it is such a beautiful island.


My visit to Valletta
Valletta is an absolutely gorgeous city, I took this photo when I was walking through the city. Our hotel was quite far away from Valletta so we got a bus from Cirkewwa to Valletta which was amazing because it only cost 2 euros each and the buses had really good air conditioning, the buses were Arriva buses which we thought was really funny because we use Arriva buses in the UK.
 I took these photos in Valletta as you can see the buildings are absolutely gorgeous! I thought Valetta was such a nice city, it wasn't too busy like other European cities I've been to, it had a really chilled and relaxed vibe. We did a bit of shopping in Valletta which was great as well as having lunch in a lovely little cafe which was gorgeous.
I hope you have all enjoyed this post, Malta was an amazing place and I will treasure the memories of this holiday forever. 

Thanks for reading!
Twitter: @1sup3rg1rl
Bloglovin': 1sup3rg1rl
Never give up on your dreams xxxxx

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you liked our little island!

    Stay fabulous x
    http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com.mt/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a lovely place, I hope to visit Malta again in the future xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was a really interesting blog post! Your pictures are lovely! My friend and I are actually going to Malta at the end of October; it's great to see such a positive view on the island, and to see that the buses and ferry are really affordable! Great post x

    Megan x / http://megaanalicec.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you, it means a lot. I hope you have an amazing time, we loved it, it's an absolutely gorgeous island and we thought the prices were very reasonable for the transport as we love going sightseeing and visiting new places. Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! Seems like you had a lot fun! I would love to go to Malta too sometime in the future, it's on my bucketlist haha. :) http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thank you! I did, it was a great holiday. I would definitely recommend Malta, I loved it. It is an absolutely gorgeous place xxx

    ReplyDelete